2009-05-08

~~~tHe jOURney of ThE BREASTS~~~ (Part II)

ok.. now, my second encounter...
called, OVERSUPPLY!!!
or, forceful let-down.. or whatever you call...
well, it's not so much a problem...
please read this first,
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/fast-letdown.html
this kellymom website is pretty informative
also, all the babycenter.com.my, babycenter.com, drgreene.com, etc.

it started as, since 2-3 days ago, baby kept spitting up after each feeding...
spit up a lot, i was getting worried, of course, worried that she would not get enough milk
and again, i went to do my full-length research online...
she maybe colicky??
i researched researched...
after doing some readup, the first thing i decided to try is to cut something out of my diet...
as since last sunday, after the stupid confinement lady went back (oh ya, i've not written about how stupid she was, later...)
i started to cook, and after a full ginger month, i want my garlic back..
BUT apparently garlic may cause baby to spit up???
ok, i cut lo!!

but before i actually cut, i read about this forceful let-down thing...
and i read and read and read, while experimenting...
until today i reckon, the problem is really because of my oversupply of milk again...
as even without the breastpump, a simply soft squeeze, there'll be a jet of milk coming out of my breast... again!! it's THAT breast that gave me

mastitis...
and i guess... it's because of me taking the wrong action that cause this problem...
in fact, if you read kellymom's writeup, this is not so much a problem, problem is only the cleaning up part on the baby, once she spitup the milk...

as i was still following up on my past mastitis problem (cos, there's still one lump that won't go away, and i thought by frequent nursing on that

breast, it'll reduce the lump...)
therefore, for 1 day = which is 8-9 sessions, i started on that breast for each feeding, and THAT caused this oversupply and lopsided breasts, in

terms of size... not very obvious, luckily...
due to this frequent nursing on this breast, the milk supply went up... (@_@)
and there comes the problem today...
so, after much research, i changed my position of feeding...
... hopefully it'll get better and HOPEFULLY, my breasts can even out :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment