2015-11-29

when one's soooooooo desperate... something bluetooth~

ya... it's nothing to shout about, but just a short note for myself, for keepsake... ^_^
the other day, I brought along my super old netbook, ie. HP NB1000, which I've dumped in a chromixium,
to a trip...
well, all these while, while using this netbook, I was using a wireless dongle, and for this time round, I didn't bring along that dongle...
therefore, I was not able to get online, AT ALL~~~~~~~ (dooms day!)

so, I was so so so desperate, and as I am a typer internet user, (ie. I don't quite consume, just consume, I do type of lot of junks, somehow...) therefore, I really do need a keyboard...
the place that I'm in, there're a few "get online" option, ie. a few AP for me too access to, it's just that, this netbook that I'm having, with the OS that I've given to it, didn't have the necessary driver...
but yes, I was so so so so so desperate,
so, I told myself, well... I'll just use my samsung tab4 to get online, I guess, I don't have much choice...
but then, let me try, if I can use this netbook, to serve as a bluetooth keyboard for my tab4,
so... I enabled whatever I could enable, and hook the 2 up...
then... I saw something, on the netbook(chromixium), where, the wifi icon down there, COULD "see" the tab4,
so, I tried to connect to it, there's no "error" message popping up, or something...
I then, explored more on the tab4 side, which obviously, I've not explored enough prior to this day...
then, only I found something called, "bluetooth tethering",
oh... if... if it'll just behave like wifi tethering...
hm... let me try...

I was pretty pleased!!! when I found that, it actually worked! it's amazing how technology is these days...
so, for a while, my super old netbook, was online, via the tab4's bluetooth tethering,
ie. whichever AP my tab4 is connecting to, the netbook will be connected to...

THAT,
then, I downloaded the necessary driver, and eventually, the netbook's online on its own... haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment